Friday, July 19, 2013

The road to a 'ship shape' classroom: Day 1

Ahoy there, Mateys!

I'm so excited about transforming my first grade classroom over to a pirate theme!  I went to my room today for a few minutes to get started "swabbing the deck" and decided to take some before pictures so that I could share the step-by-step process with you!

Goal of the day: set up desks!

We'll start with these two pics....

These are just a couple views of the main seating area of my classroom before I got started. 

And after.....
I decided on an 'X marks the spot' formation. I felt that it fit my pirate theme and still allows for small group assignments so I'm pretty happy with it! :).  I'm love rearranging my desks as the year goes on to keep things fresh and discipline problems down (sometimes all kids need is a swapped seat). What are some desk arrangements that you guys like?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lindsey! Haha. It's definitely a good excuse for one right?! How is your decorating coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Jeanna- You have me convinced I need to become a teacher just so I can have a classroom THEME! Oh my goodness, that is way fun. I don't think ANY of my teachers ever had a theme. You are going to be that teacher all the kids say "changed the way they felt about going to school." My kindergarten teacher was my absolute favorite. I always think of her. Your kids will really enjoy this next school year with their Pirate-themed room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Tina!! That truly means the world to me! Decorating is definitely one of the fun parts :) I can't wait to share the rest of what I've been up to!!

    ReplyDelete