Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Keeping Jill Bean Busy! (keeping the kids busy & happy linky)

So this week marks the 4th week that we've been out on Summer Break!  WOO HOO! Summer break is awesome....until the cabin fever sets in....and you start to realize that you and your child have watched every bit of  "Mim-me" (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and "Mel-Mo" (Elmo) that you can handle!

Luckily, I planned for this likelihood before we got out for summer break and I'm linking up with Teacher to the Core to share what I've been doing to keep my Jill Bean busy!
Summer Fun With the Kids

I decided to try my hand at making a summer advent-(ure) calendar and wound up using sticky notes on my dry erase kitchen calendar.  I found that this version allowed me to easily make changes if necessary.  I scoured Pinterest and compiled my own list to come up with the events I thought would be fitting for my 15 month old.  

Here are a few things we've done so far!

Salt Dough Footprint (going to try to do one each summer)

          

Water Exploration

Basically we just filled some bowls with water and threw in some toys and scoops.   She LOVED it!!!

visited a local splash park on a playdate (for FREE)

made and played with fingerpaint (recipe here)

I didn't get a picture of her playing it it...we were both a mess by the time it was all said and done. LOL!

collecting things of one color

 

We used her shopping basket to collect everything.  This baby loves to "shop"!

Here are a few of the other things we've done to stay busy!
  • dance party (cranked the music up and danced in the living room)
  • Teddy Bear Tea Party: This is now her favorite game to play.  She walks around giving all her 'babies' some tea and makes the sipping sound for them.  SWEETEST THING EVER!  
  • sidewalk chalk
  • balloon badmitton (just blew up a balloon and tried to keep it up in the air)
  • learned a few new songs and nursery rhymes
  • went on walks
  • played at the park
  • painted the sidewalk (with water and a paintbrush)
So what are you guys doing to keep busy?  We still have a good bit of summer break left and I'd love hear some of your ideas!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Just adorable! Thank you for linking up! Your baby is just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This was such a fun linky (my first one!) and I'm so glad that I had something to offer! It's so great to see things that other people are doing. It will definitely help keep us busy this summer!

    ReplyDelete