Friday, August 9, 2013

The Road to a Ship Shape Classroom (post 2)

It's finally Friday and I'm finally updating my Ship Shape Classroom post to show you guys what I've been up to. I've been to my classroom several times since my last post and it's really beginning to have a cohesive look! It's still a work in progress, but here's what I've done so far.

1. organized my manipulatives into matching bins and sewed new curtains


2. Swapped out my alphabet with a pirate themed version and changed my AR goal border.  I also made cute pirate hat magnets for my students to use to track their progress each week.
Isn't it adorable?!
3. Updated my bulletin boards

This one is going to be my classroom jobs board.  I still have to add my little pirates and their job tags around it though.  I found the pirate ship at a local party store.  YAY for not having to create one from scratch!



student work display
AR promotion I'm trying out this year (still needs pockets added beneath each card)


Word Wall

Pre-planning starts next week so I plan to finish up then, but I'm excited and relieved to have most of the decorating finished.  It will be nice to use my pre-planning time to actually plan ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment